Tuesday, 26 May 2009

The way things could have been...

I came across an interesting document the other day which I thought I could translate and post – according to Nicaragua’s FSLN (Frente Sandinista de Liberación Nacional), these are the ten points which ensure political, economic and social democracy, and the fight against corruption (Source: National Commission of Social Movements).

  1. The right for everyone to organisation, direct democracy for the people and the right to reject discrimination.
  2. The guarantee of worthy employment, a fair wage and stability.
  3. Healthcare of a high standard and free medication
  4. Free public education of a high standard at a primary and secondary level, as well as specialised and university education.
  5. Lower rates for water, electricity, telecommunications and transportation, whilst providing an efficient service where no basic services are privatised.
  6. The legalisation of land and housing
  7. Social security and welfare
  8. The offer of peasant bonds and a development bank
  9. Public safety in our neighbourhoods and regions
  10. Natural resources and the environment are for all Nicaraguans to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment